20 Mar JLCM Mini-Grant
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Junior League of Cobb-Marietta, Inc. (JLCM) mini-grant. We are an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action of trained volunteers. Since our inception in 1933, our membership has collaborated with agencies such as yours to promote and work towards the well-being of children and families within the Cobb County community. Not only does JLCM collaborate with existing programs in Cobb County, we also act as a catalyst to create new agencies and programs. As we seek agency partners and select programs for the 2018-2019 league year, we will continue our tradition of service.
The intent of the JLCM mini-grants is to facilitate the needs of community organizations through financial support as well as by providing volunteers to assist you with your various projects. Funding is provided only for the year of selection and this year we are offering grants of up to $2,000 each.
The deadline for submitting applications is 3:00 p.m. on Friday, March 30th. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The JLCM grant committee will review the applications and a member of our Executive Board will contact the award recipients no later than Friday, April 13th. Awards will be presented at our Annual Meeting, which will be held at 7:00p.m. Tuesday, May 8th at Marietta Country Club. We ask that, if you are selected to receive a mini-grant, you have a representative, as our guest, at that dinner to accept on behalf of your agency.
- …have a 501(c)(3) tax designation
- …not request funding for religious activities, annual fund drives, political activities, receptions, endowments, entertainment, or alcoholic beverages
- …have a mission that complements the mission of the JLCM
- …not request funding for salaries that are not directly related and essential to the completion of the project being funded
- …provide a contact person to work with the JLCM in scheduling volunteer opportunities and have opportunities for us to volunteer
- How does the project or program address community needs and serve families and children of Cobb County?
- Does the project or program demonstrate financial sustainability after JLCM funds are spent?
- Does the project or program address a community need that is directly related to JLCM’s mission and vision?
- How many children and families will directly benefit from the program for which you are requesting funding?
- What opportunities can your agency provide for an ongoing, mutually beneficial relationship with JLCM?
We reserve the right to request additional information or documentation as needed to help evaluate your request. You must be willing to complete and submit a post grant reporting form to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 1st, 2019. You will receive this form along with your notification if you are awarded a grant.