The Junior League of Cobb-Marietta is an organization of 400 women is committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of our members and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We serve as a catalyst for community change by creating a legacy of service to the children and families of Cobb County. With a volunteer financial impact of $200,000 annually, The JLCM is striving to build a better community.
2014-2015 JLCM Community Highlights:
- Helped collect and distribute 100,000 diapers to those in need for Cobb Diaper Day
- Over 15,000 hours of volunteer service
- $17,500 awarded in direct Community Partner funding
- Participation in nearly two dozen Done in a Day projects
- Our Provisional class hosted a day-long Choose Health! fair promoting our Kids in the Kitchen Program which educates children and their families on the health and wellness benefits of eating right
- The Board of Directors and Sustainers contributed new coats to Operation Warmth, where we distributed 121 coats to children in need
- Partnered with the Department of Family & Children Services to host the Annual Foster Care Party (with the sponsorship help of Cobb EMC) that benefited 52 foster care children and 28 foster parents
The Junior League of Cobb-Marietta is committed to building a better community. Our well-trained members come alongside our community partners to provide assistance in meeting the ever changing needs of Cobb County. For more information on the work that is being done in Cobb County, please contact JLCM headquarters at (770) 422-5266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.